Posted: 1 w
LOS ANGELES-- The Los Angeles Sparks revealed today the signing of WNBA Champ Azur Stevens. Stevens enters her sixth period in the league after drop in both Dallas and Chicago."I am beyond excited to be signing up with the Los Angeles Sparks, " said Stevens. "The plan that KB Curt are creating for this team company is unique and I am grateful for the opportunity to be part of it. I can't wait to reach LA reach function!"Stevens holds occupation standards of 9.0 factors, 4.4 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 1.0 blocks in 121 overall video games in 2 periods with the Wings and 3 seasons with the Skies. Throughout her time in Dallas, she added 8.0 points, 4.3 rebounds, 1.1 aids and 1.1 blocks in 43 games. In her next three seasons with the Sky, she tallied 9.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 78 total games, assisting the Skies to a WNBA Champion in 2021."Azur was our leading free agent target, " stated Sparks CAO GM Karen Bryant. "She is currently a WNBA champ and is simply entering the prime of her occupation. We are thrilled that she picked the Triggers as her new team and LA as her new home."The 6-6, Rhode Island citizen was drafted 6th total in the 2018 WNBA Draft by Dallas Wings out of the University of Connecticut. In her initial WNBA period, she played in 34 games ending up the period gaining All-WNBA Rookie Group honors. She held averages of 8.9 points, 4.6 rebounds https://www.sparksteamstore.com/Mckenzie_Forbes_Jersey, 1.3 helps and 1.1 blocks in 20.6 mins per video game."Z is an increasing star in our league and a significant teammate, " claimed Head Coach Curt Miller. "At 6-foot-6, she has exceptional convenience to play efficiently on the within and on the boundary. She is a superb enhancement to the Sparks."Stevens will certainly be offered to media using zoom on Monday, Feb. 6 at 1:30 p.m. PST. Information regarding a zoom link will certainly be THE LOS ANGELES SPARKSFounded in 1996, the Los Angeles Sparks are just one of 3 initial franchises in the Female's National Basketball Organization. The Stimulates have actually won three WNBA Championships, have received the playoffs in 20 of their 26 seasons and continue to be the just energetic team in the organization to win back-to-back titles. The Los Angeles Sparks are devoted to making certain each home game at Field has a championship degree entertainment experience while showcasing the very best women professional athletes from worldwide on the court. LA Sparks 2023 period tickets are readily available right here for purchase.
Share on my timeline